I was surprised how quick Aydin picked up this activity.
I printed sequencing cards that match The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
Points of Interest:
Pictures, Story, Science of Life cycle.
Control of Error:
Not having the correct card the story calls for.
To demonstrate recollection of the story, ability to match pictures, ability to comprehend the story.
3 ½ and up
caterpillar, cocoon, butterfly, egg, leaf, food items,
1- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Story book
2- Sequencing cards
3- Work rug
1. Have the child get their rug out.
2. Show the child where the game is located and have them carry to rug.
3. Lay out all the cards on the mat.
4. Read your child the first page of the book. Show the child the picture. Ask them to find the matching card.
5. Continue with each page and card of the story.
6. After all cards have been matched go over the cards and tell the story again to the child.
7. have child clean up the cards and return activity and cart to the shelf.
Variation: having child do the activity alone reading the story themselves or without the book.